Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You'd never know it was a book shelf!

Gender: Female
Age: 3-12
Location: Big Lots
Category: Doll House
--------------------------------------------------------------

Have you researched the prices of those stupid plastic doll houses?

Yes, you know what I'm talking about. The 'some assembly required' nightmares, with 1,000 small plastic pieces, at least 1 broken part and a battery operated disaster.

Why do you do that to yourself?

These doll houses go from $75-$400 depending on size and name brand.

Two years ago, I happened to stroll into my local Big Lots and see a book shelf sitting in front of me for $40. It was your average book shelf, yet it was divded into what could possibly be rooms.

I got interested, and looked further; it had a roof! The book shelf top was shaped like a roof. Oh thank you - THANK YOU money saving gods! My daughter had wanted a Barbie house so bad she couldn't stand it.

And I couldn't stand the thought of purchasing a plastic hell.

I snagged up the $40 book shelf, and brought it home. I had left over pink paint from her bedroom, and painted the interior bright pink. I did a little freehand and painted a Barbie head sillohoutte on the side.

It's the best Barbie house in the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment